Sunday 9 January 2011

Socks and Cake


Two different subjects, but this time on a similar theme- I love cute pastely cakes and biscuits and have been wanting to try macaroons for ages and Tesco had some for £1.50 for 12 just before new year-which is a macaroon bargain- so I had to get a photo of them.

Similarly, I love pretty yarn and this year for christmas my parents gave me a sock kit which had hand dyed yarn and a pattern for basic socks. I've always said that I'd never knit socks- the whole concept of knitting on 4 needles seemed completely beyond me and I've never had much success with magic circle knitting on one circular needle, but lately I've been 'ooh-ing' and 'ahh-ing' over some of the lovely sock yarn available and I think Mum must've listened!


So here's my first ever pair of socks, fittingly in macaroon colours, and I don't think they'll be my last- they were easier than expected and pretty quick to do- my brother now wants a pair so I've at least got one lot coming up.

No comments: