Friday 11 June 2010

Knit, Knit, Knit, Knit, Knitting

Just some photos of things I'm currently knitting, and have just completed.
This is my first attempt at fair-isle, I've never really had the guts to do it before and it takes a lot of concentration but when I saw this wool in Edinburgh I knew I'd have to give it a go. The yarn is Rowan Scottish tweed- it's pretty expensive, so I only bought 2 balls, but it'll be enough for a pencil case.

I'm also nearly done doing this 'Gilmore Vest' in Stylecraft yarn- it's been an on and off project since before Christmas, but I realised I messed up the back a bit so it'll have to be taken back and re-knitted.

I finally finished mum's Christmas present! Better late than never and I'm not a huge fan of lacework, and the pattern I used ended up having an error, which put me off for a little while- I ended up ignoring it and carrying on regardless! I've done a small closeup of the lace, it's knit in 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Silk.


Finally, my grandad sent me his old teddybear from when he was a child and it needed some tlc, so I reattached his limbs and knit him a new jacket as his old one was very worn. I've really proud of this one as I made the pattern up- I've never knit a jacket for a toy before, or completed sleeves so although there's a few things I'd change if I did it again, on the whole I've very pleased.

No comments: